Friday, August 26, 2005

Tracy Dunham

Tracy Dunham
Hi, I'm finally here - and eternally grateful to Leigh Wyndfield for getting me going with this blogging gig. I feel as if I'm starting a new novel, and the right opening sentence hasn't come to me just yet. It hasn't stopped me from jumping into a book with both feet yet - I always figure it takes me forty pages to get warmed up anyway, and the pages will end up trashed when the book goes through rewrites.

I'm thinking of starting a different book than the sort I'm known for. An idea has been rattling around in my head as I get my daughter packed up to return to college for her sophomore year. It's wild - (the story, not the daughter) and I'm not sure if the story will work, but I'll try plotting it out just for fun. As much as I love my children, I look forward to the quiet and calm that descend with the first days of school in the fall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dunham,
I just have to say that Wishful Sinful blew me away! It was a completely different kind of mystery than I usually read (I'm a big fan of light cozies) but once i started reading it I honestly couldn't stop. I can't wait for Yes the River Knows! Where do your titles come from? What is the series you're planning? I hope this doesnt mean no more Tal Jeffersons...how many are you planning in the series? Well, just wanted to let you know how much I loved your book.
Sincerely,
Rosemary Goddard

Tracy D said...

Hi Rosie - I'm glad you liked WS. Yes, the River Knows is the story of Tal's secretary/conscience, June. June's in a real mess, and Tal has to get it right if she's going to keep June out of prison overalls.

The titles all refer to songs which (for me, at least) fit the book's theme.

Tracy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You come up with some pretty cool titles!

Anonymous said...

I think the idea for your new story is interesting. I'm not sure if I've heard of any stories in the genre that have taken that particular route.

~Liz