Tuesday, October 10, 2006

No Apology Needed

Brian Vickers, quit apologizing. You said you didn't mean to dump Johnson, now it's his turn to grow up and accept what happened at Talladega. Junior has, much to his credit! Man, you won the race - have fun with it.

Growing up means taking what you don't like or want along with the good stuff. It'll turn around if you hang in there long enough, and if it doesn't, well, it's time to take another tack, find another path, etc. When a book doesn't want to come around, no matter how many chances I give it, how much I spill my heart and craft into it, it's time to shove it under the bed and let it gather dust bunnies.

You may have gathered I'm in the throes of manuscript revisions. One is coming along nicely, thank you very much. The other....well, it's half-way under my bed at this moment. I'll give it another go tomorrow, but I refuse to suffer over it anymore if it's not going to be nice.

Jimmie Johnson, be nice. Earnhardt has been. And if you can't be nice, at least have the decency to mope out of sight. Under a bed, maybe, with the dust bunnies to keep you company?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I saw this race. Life is not fair. It was an accident. Get over it.
Char

Tracy D said...

Isn't it unattractive when grown men pout and whine? Talk about whining - Gordon did a bunch too. Sheesh. It's like when authors moan about a cover they don't like, or a line edit they hate. Deal with it. Be grateful for what you have and work harder the next time around!
Good to hear from you, Char.
Tracy